Windows 10 Nov 2019 Update 1909 Released - TechAmok
Windows 10 Nov 2019 Update 1909 Released - [briefly]
04:04 AM EST - Nov,13 2019 - post a comment
Microsoft late Tuesday released its second major update to Windows 10 for the year, the Windows 10 November 2019 Update (version 1909)
. This update beats conventions in that is "minor" in comparison to the Windows 10 May 2019 (1903) Update, in that Microsoft didn't change too many under-the-hood components, but updated the operating system's user-interface
. For example, the operating system retains the older version's driver model. The Actions Center received several UI updates such as the ability to add items to your agenda directly from the calendar, improved sorting of notifications, improved accessibility of the Start menu, and the ability to use third-party accessibility software from even the Lock screen. The only notable under-the-hood changes concern the scheduler. Windows 10 now gets the ability to address multiple "favored" cores in a multi-core processor. A favored core is a physically superior core that can sustain higher boost clocks for longer.
Microsoft plans to release this feature update as an optional update, which means that it won't download and install until you manually start the process from the Windows Update settings page. However, if your device is running a version of the Windows 10 that's nearing the end of life, then eventually version 1909 will install automatically.
You can download the November 2019 ISO files for updating your Windows 10 from the following links:
- Windows 10 November 2019 Update (64-bit)
- Windows 10 November 2019 Update (32-bit)
The following new features are being introduced as part of this update.
- This update will be published to WSUS so that customers can deploy and manage Insider Preview builds alongside their standard ConfigMan/WSUS approach. See this blog post for details.
- We are offering pre-release support for 19H2 offered to Windows Insider Program for Business (WIP4Biz) customers who face blocking issues that prevent them from feature evaluation or device use. See this article for details.
- Windows containers require matched host and container version. This restricts customers and limits Windows containers from supporting mixed-version container pod scenarios This update includes 5 fixes to address this and allow the host to run down-level containers on up-level for process (Argon) isolation.
- A fix to allow OEMs to reduce the inking latency based on the hardware capabilities of their devices rather than being stuck with latency selected on typical hardware configuration by the OS.
- Key-rolling or Key-rotation feature enables secure rolling of Recovery passwords on MDM managed AAD devices upon on demand request from Microsoft Intune/MDM tools or upon every time recovery password is used to unlock the BitLocker protected drive. This feature will help prevent accidental recovery password disclosure as part of manual BitLocker drive unlock by users.
- A change to enable third-party digital assistants to voice activate above the Lock screen.
- You can now quickly create an event straight from the Calendar flyout on the Taskbar. Just select the date and time at the lower right corner of the Taskbar to open the Calendar flyout and pick your desired date and start typing in the text box-you'll now see inline options to set a time and location.
- The navigation pane on the Start menu now expands when you hover over it with your mouse to better inform where clicking goes.
- We have added friendly images to show what is meant by "banner" and "Action Center" when adjusting the notifications on apps in order to make these settings more approachable and understandable.
- Notifications settings under Settings > System > Notifications will now default to sorting notification senders by most recently shown notification, rather than sender name. This makes it easier to find and configure frequent and recent senders. We have also added a setting to turn off playing sound when notifications appear.
- We now show the options to configure and turn off notifications from an app/website right on the notification, both as a banner and in Action Center.
- We have added a "Manage notifications" button to the top of Action Center that launches the main "Notifications & actions" Settings page.
- We have added additional debugging capabilities for newer Intel processors. This is only relevant for hardware manufacturers.
- We have made general battery life and power efficiency improvements for PCs with certain processors.
- A CPU may have multiple "favored" cores (logical processors of the highest available scheduling class). To provide better performance and reliability, we have implemented a rotation policy that distributes work more fairly among these favored cores.
- We have enabled Windows Defender Credential Guard for ARM64 devices for additional protection against credential theft for enterprises deploying ARM64 devices in their organizations.
- We have enabled the ability for enterprises to supplement the Windows 10 in S Mode policy to allow traditional Win32 (desktop) apps from Microsoft Intune.
- We're updating the search box in File Explorer to now be powered by Windows Search. This change will help integrate your OneDrive content online with the traditional indexed results.
- We have added the ability for Narrator and other assistive technologies to read and learn where the FN key is located on keyboards and what state it is in (locked versus unlocked).
Short overview of recent news articles
The Funniest Ping Pong Match in HISTORY (Aug,11 2020 )|
Away - Official Trailer (Aug,10 2020 )
The Third Day: Official Trailer (Aug,10 2020 )
Cyberpunk 2077 Lifepaths Detailed (Aug,10 2020 )
Toshiba Officially Exits the Laptop Business (Aug,10 2020 )
$66 Ruined Macbook Pro Gets Restored! (Aug,09 2020 )
Cardi B - WAP feat. Megan Thee Stallion (Aug,08 2020 )
Apple Bans Game-Streaming Services From iOS (Aug,08 2020 )
Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition Released (Aug,08 2020 )
Intel Hit by a Devastating Data Breach, Chip Designs, Code (Aug,08 2020 )
Intel will announce its Tiger Lake processors on September 2 (Aug,06 2020 )
Samsung Galaxy Note20 Ultra Ecosystem: Official Introduction (Aug,05 2020 )
Galaxy Note20 Series Focuses on Video, Note-Taking (Aug,05 2020 )
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 Coming to Verizon, T-Mobile (Aug,05 2020 )
Samsung Intros New Earbuds and Watch (Aug,05 2020 )
AMD Radeon Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.8.1 Driver (Aug,05 2020 )
200 Watt car mounted laser! (Aug,04 2020 )
A Large Explosion Took Place In Beirut (Aug,04 2020 )
Xbox Cloud Gaming Launching on Android September 15th (Aug,04 2020 )
Samsung's Most Affordable 5G Phone Hits US This Month (Aug,04 2020 )
The Ultimate PS4 Pro: 8TB SSD Upgrade (Aug,03 2020 )
Microsoft confirms its intention to buy TikTok (Aug,03 2020 )
Teenage Bounty Hunters - Official Trailer (Aug,02 2020 )
Watch 15-Year-Old's Short Film 'Numb' (Aug,02 2020 )
//HEX Released (Aug,02 2020 )
Microsoft won't open its physical offices until early 2021 (Aug,01 2020 )
Microsoft reportedly in talks to buy TikTok (Aug,01 2020 )
NASA launches Perseverance rover on mission to Mars (Aug,01 2020 )
Intel Overhauls its Corporate Identity (Jul,30 2020 )
Google Offers New Free Backup Options for iOS and Android (Jul,30 2020 )
Qualcomm Quick Charge 5 can Fully Charge Your Phone in Under 15 (Jul,30 2020 )
Intel Core i9-10850K Officialy Clocked At 5.2GHz (Jul,28 2020 )
Samsung's Galaxy Watch 3 Explored (Jul,28 2020 )
NVIDIA Releases Hotfix Driver Version 451.85 (Jul,27 2020 )
Windows 10's latest update bug is breaking internet (Jul,26 2020 )
Newest Gorilla Glass Protects Against Both Drops and Scratches (Jul,24 2020 )
Samsung Money Launches, Adds Exclusive Discounts (Jul,24 2020 )
Avatar Sequels Delayed, New Release Dates Revealed (Jul,24 2020 )
LG's Premium Velvet Launching in US for $600 (Jul,21 2020 )
10 modern layouts in 1 line of CSS (Jul,21 2020 )
Windows 10X Delayed to 2021, Loses Win32 Support (Jul,20 2020 )
Microsoft Cloud PC is Coming in Spring 2021 (Jul,20 2020 )
Samsung Galaxy Buds Live In-Ear 'Bean' Earbuds Leak On Video (Jul,20 2020 )
Gamer Girl - Official Teaser Trailer (2020) (Jul,19 2020 )
Why do Casio calculators get this wrong? (Jul,17 2020 )
This is The Deepest Hole on Earth. What's At The Bottom? (Jul,17 2020 )
Facebook Messenger Adds Screen Sharing (Jul,17 2020 )
Get Warhammer 40,000: Rites of War for Free (Jul,17 2020 )
Intel Core i9-10850K Priced at $449 (Jul,17 2020 )
AMD Releases Radeon Software Adrenalin 20.7.2 Beta (Jul,15 2020 )
>> News Archive <<