NVIDIA Releases GeForce 442.74 Game Ready Drivers - [briefly]
12:09 PM EDT - Mar,19 2020 - post a comment
NVIDIA today posted GeForce 442.74 WHQL
Game Ready drivers. These come with optimization and bug fixes for the weekend's biggest release, "DOOM Eternal," which goes live in Asia and ANZ in a few minutes from now. Besides this, the 442.74 WHQL drivers address just one bug: an issue with "Red Dead Redemption 2," where task-switching with alt+Tab in the middle of the game may result in a black screen.
Game Ready for DOOM Eternal
Fixed Issues in this Release
- The new Game Ready Driver provides the latest performance optimizations, profiles, and bug fixes for DOOM Eternal.
Windows 7 Issues identified
- [Red Dead Redemption 2]: The game shows a black screen after switching windows with [Alt+tab]. 
Windows 10 Issues identified
- [Doom Eternal]: Flickering occurs in the ShadowPlay on-screen settings when in-game VSync is OFF. 
- [Call of Duty - Warzone]: ShadowPlay and Screenshot capture does not work with Windows 7 (200593494)
- [World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth][DirectX 12]: The game crashes when switched from DirectX 11 to DirectX 12 mode. 
- [SLI][Doom Eternal]: Corruption occurs in the game upon opening the Steam overlay. 
- [DOOM Eternal]: Error occurs in the game while capturing Super Resolution (AI Upres) Image with Ansel.
- [Doom Eternal]: The game frame rate drops when using the Steam in-game FPS counter. 
- This issue also occurs with non-NVIDIA graphics hardware.
- [DOOM Eternal][HDR]: The game flickers when OS HDR is set to OFF and in-game HDR is set to ON.
- To work around, enable "Play HDR games and apps" from the Windows HD Color Settings menu.
- [Call of Duty: Modern Warfare]: Game may display white flashes when player approaches a wall. 
- [Call of Duty - Warzone]: Freestyle does not work. (200593020)
- [Forza Motorsport 7]: The curb may display a black strip during a race on certain tracks. 
- [Zombie Army: Dead War 4][Ansel/Freestyle]: The Ansel & Freestyle tabs are unselectable. 
- [Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege][Vulkan][G-SYNC]: When playing the game in Vulkan mode with G-SYNC enabled, flickering occurs after switching the game between full-screen and windowed mode.
- To work around, either disable G-SYNC or play using an API other than Vulkan.