Apple Intros Four 5G iPhones - TechAmok
Apple Intros Four 5G iPhones - [briefly]
05:34 PM EDT - Oct,13 2020 - post a comment
Apple today announced the iPhone 12 series, the company's largest lineup of new iPhones to date. All four new models share same new design with flat metal sides and thinner bezels than previous iPhones. All four also include a bevy of high-end features, including:
- A14 Bionic chip, made with a bleeding-edge 5nm process that offers better performance and efficiency. It has 11.8 billion transistors and offers 50% faster graphics performance and 70% faster machine learning computations.
- 5G, including mmWave in US models.
- Super Retina XDR OLED displays, offering HDR and ~460 ppi sharpness.
- "Ceramic Shield" display glass from Corning that Apple claims is the toughest of any smartphone.
- MagSafe for iPhone, a new magnet system that aligns wireless charging coils, (which have been upgraded to support 15W fast wireless charging,) and supports snap-on magnetic cases and accessories.
- A new 12 megapixel main camera with a 7-element lens and f/1.6 aperture, for 27% better low-light performance.
- Advanced camera app features like Night Mode now work with all cameras, including wide-angle and selfie cameras. Also new is a Night mode Time-lapse feature.
- Water resistance.
The four iPhone 12 models and their differences:
- iPhone 12: The same 6.1-inch screen size as the iPhone 11, but upgraded to the same "Super Retina XDR" OLED technology as the Pro models. The new design fits a 6.1-inch display into a body that's lighter and 15% smaller. The secondary camera is a 12 megapixel "ultra wide" camera similar to that on the iPhone 11. Apple is offering five color options: black, white, Product Red, green, and blue. Available October 23rd for $799.
- iPhone 12 mini: All the features of the standard iPhone 12 in a smaller body with a 5.4-inch display. Apple claims it's the smallest, thinnest, lightest 5G phone in the world. Available November 13th for $699.
- iPhone 12 Pro: Similar in size to the standard iPhone 12 with a 6.1-inch display. As with last year's Pro models, the main step-ups are better materials (stainless steel and milled glass) and the addition of a telephoto camera. New is a LiDAR scanner, which aids low-light focusing and AR features. A new ProRAW photo format combines the best of Apple's Deep Fusion computational photography with the flexibility of a RAW format. It's also the first phone that can record and edit Dolby Vision HDR video at up to 60 fps and 4K resolution. Color options: silver, Deep Graphite, gold, and Pacific Blue. Available October 23rd starting at $999 with 128 GB of storage.
- iPhone 12 Pro Max: Steps up a 6.7-inch display, the largest Apple has put in a phone. The main camera has a 47% larger sensor area and sensor-shift OIS, for 87% better low-light performance. It also upgrades the telephoto lens from 2x to 2.5x, providing 5x optical zoom range across all three rear cameras. Shipping November 13th starting at $1099.
Short overview of recent news articles
Bitcoin Price at $1 Million? This Is How It Can Happen (Jan,23 2021 )|
Bitcoin Spikes Above USD 32K (Jan,22 2021 )
AMD 21.1.1 Adrenalin driver (Jan,21 2021 )
Former Ripple Advisor Expected to Lead OCC Under Biden (Jan,21 2021 )
Will altcoins like XRP, Monero, Zcash see comeback to pre-2018 (Jan,21 2021 )
Pornhub adds XRP, BNB, USDC, and DOGE to its payment options (Jan,20 2021 )
At Least 25% of Value Deployed in DeFi Will Move Away from Ethereum (Jan,20 2021 )
Brave private browser integrates IPFS support to desktop version (Jan,20 2021 )
Ripple pins hopes on Biden administration as co-founder sells 28M (Jan,20 2021 )
Malwarebytes says it was targeted by SolarWinds hackers too (Jan,20 2021 )
DuckDuckGo Search Engine Surpasses 100 Million Daily Searches (Jan,20 2021 )
TOP UPCOMING SCI-FI MOVIES 2021 (Jan,18 2021 )
Bitfinex Executives Deny Allegations of Issuing USDT to Pump BTC (Jan,18 2021 )
Ripple price analysis: XRP hints at a massive breakout to $0.40 (Jan,18 2021 )
For All Mankind S2 trailer (Jan,18 2021 )
Goldman Sachs to Enter Crypto Market 'Soon' (Jan,17 2021 )
Apple extends free TV+ trials (Jan,16 2021 )
US Fed: CBDC a very high priority to combat bad private sector money (Jan,16 2021 )
WhatsApp delays the enforcement of its new privacy terms by 3 months (Jan,15 2021 )
Almost 100 Million XRP Shifted by Ripple, Bitfinex and Coinbase (Jan,15 2021 )
Ripple Unveils Plans To Expand Its Presence In Europe (Jan,15 2021 )
RMY OF THE DEAD Trailer Teaser (2021) (Jan,15 2021 )
OCC Chief Brian Brooks Is Stepping Down Thursday (Jan,14 2021 )
CHERRY Official Trailer (2021) Tom Holland (Jan,14 2021 )
Samsung's Galaxy S21 Flagships are Prettier and More Affordable (Jan,14 2021 )
BLISS Official Trailer (2021) (Jan,13 2021 )
Japan's FSA Says XRP Not a Security: Report (Jan,13 2021 )
Grayscale starts dissolving XRP trust after SEC deems XRP a security (Jan,13 2021 )
GeForce RTX 3060 in February 2020 (Jan,13 2021 )
Gensler Said to Be Named SEC Chairman: Reuters (Jan,13 2021 )
Intel's Rocket Lake-S Core i9-11900K CPU benchmarked (Jan,12 2021 )
Mark Cuban: crypto trading is exactly like the internet stock bubble (Jan,12 2021 )
Bitcoin plummets by the most since March (Jan,11 2021 )
$2.4 Billion Worth of BTC, ETH, XRP, and Other Coins Liquidated (Jan,11 2021 )
Space Sweepers - Official Teaser (Jan,10 2021 )
XRP Climbs 10% In Bullish Trade (Jan,10 2021 )
Inside Iceland's Massive Bitcoin Mine (Jan,10 2021 )
Telegram feature exposes your precise address to hackers (Jan,09 2021 )
Donald Trump has been permanently banned from Twitter (Jan,09 2021 )
Storming of The US Capitol In Washington DC (Jan,09 2021 )
WhatsApp privacy fiasco, recommends Skype instead (Jan,09 2021 )
Ripple, Chris Larsen and Coinbase Transfer Whopping 520 Million XRP (Jan,09 2021 )
Ripple CTO says banks can issue stablecoins on XRPL (Jan,09 2021 )
Hackers can clone Google Titan 2FA keys (Jan,08 2021 )
Apple allegedly working with Hyundai (Jan,08 2021 )
The Difference Between A Baby Boomer And A Millennial (Jan,08 2021 )
Bitcoin's Market Value Now Exceeds That of Facebook (Jan,08 2021 )
Get Crying Suns for Free (Jan,08 2021 )
Bitcoin hits $40,000 but will the bull run continue? (Jan,08 2021 )
US Dollar Crashes To USD 40,000 per Bitcoin (Jan,08 2021 )
>> News Archive <<