Android 11 Released - TechAmok
Android 11 Released - [software]
03:43 PM EDT - Sep,08 2020 - post a comment
Google is launching Android 11
today, having completed the beta period. The new OS will begin rolling out today on select Pixel and OnePlus phones, with more partners launching and upgrading devices over the coming months. Key features of Android 11 include:
- New treatment for "conversation"-related notifications from messaging apps, including a dedicated area in the Notifications shade, and Bubbles, which lets you briefly view a conversation thread as a pop-up overlay, without leaving the app you're in.
- Privacy improvements, including the ability to grant apps one-time access to sensitive permissions, an "auto-reset" of permissions for apps that haven't been used in a while, and an extra steps required to enable background access to location. Google will also start requiring that developers obtain explicit permission from Google before their app is allowed to ask for background access to location.
- A revamped screen when the lock button is pressed provides quick access to smart-home device controls.
- Support for digital IDs, including digital driver's licenses.
- Support for wireless Android Auto on all phones.
- New media controls that make it easier to switch output device.
- New screenshot tools, including built-in screen recording on all phones. On Pixel
phones, Android 11 brings a new feature when taking a screenshot that lets you easily copy an image or text to the clipboard instead.
- For phones linked to a company network, the personal/work Profiles features has several improvements. New Personal/Work tabs have been added to several places including the Share pop-up sheet. A new API available to apps will allow certain apps to present both work and personal data together, while protecting both company data and employee privacy. Google Calendar will support this feature, and third-party apps will be able to support it as well.
- New APIs allowing apps to better support new display technologies, including "waterfall" displays that wrap around the side, and variable refresh rates.
Further, on Google Pixel phones, Android 11 brings a new feature called Live View with Location Sharing. When someone sends you their location, the feature uses AR to show you exactly where that person is in the real world, how far away they are, and can guide you to them, even in parks or the wilderness.
Short overview of recent news articles
RTX 3090 8K Gaming (Sep,26 2020 )|
Windows XP source code allegedly leaked online (Sep,25 2020 )
Here's How You Can Twist Your Eye Around Your Pupil (Sep,25 2020 )
Amazon Enters the Ring with Luna, its Game Streaming Service (Sep,25 2020 )
RTX 3080 Users Report Crashes to Desktop While Gaming (Sep,25 2020 )
Sega developing live-action Yakuza film (Sep,24 2020 )
Samsung Expands Galaxy S20 Series With More-Affordable Fan Edition (Sep,24 2020 )
Adobe Acrobat Reader can now Reformat PDFs for Easy Reading on (Sep,24 2020 )
Nokia Updates Entry-Level Phones (Sep,24 2020 )
GeForce RTX 3090 is only 10-15% faster than the RTX 3080 (Sep,24 2020 )
Model Builder Builds A Coliseum With 22,000 Dominos (Sep,22 2020 )
What's Inside $18,000,000 Luxury Doomsday Bunker? (Sep,22 2020 )
WeChat and TikTok Still Available in US; Future Uncertain (Sep,22 2020 )
NVIDIA Responds to Criticism Surrounding the RTX 3080 Launch (Sep,22 2020 )
World's Largest Devil's Toothpaste Explosion (Sep,20 2020 )
Apple One Bundles Apple Services, Including new Apple Fitness+ (Sep,20 2020 )
Apple Watch SE Starts at $279 (Sep,20 2020 )
Apple Watch Series 6 Measures Blood Oxygen (Sep,20 2020 )
Life is Strange 2 Episode 1 Now Free (Sep,18 2020 )
NVIDIA GeForce 456.38 WHQL Released (Sep,17 2020 )
AMD Releases Radeon Software Adrenalin 20.9.1 (Sep,17 2020 )
Nvidia-Branded CPUs might be a possibility in near future (Sep,16 2020 )
Private data gone public: Razer leaks 100,000+ gamers info (Sep,16 2020 )
Crysis Remastered 8K Tech trailer (Sep,15 2020 )
Star Wars: Squadrons - "Hunted" CG Short (Sep,15 2020 )
LG Wing Boasts Swivel Screen (Sep,14 2020 )
NVIDIA to Acquire Arm for $40 Billion (Sep,14 2020 )
Boundary: Raytracing Benchmark (Sep,14 2020 )
NVIDIA: GeForce RTX 3080 Reviews Delayed (Sep,13 2020 )
What If We Detonated All Nuclear Bombs in Space at Once? (Sep,12 2020 )
WAP Sign Language (Sep,12 2020 )
Android Go Updated to be More Efficient on More Devices (Sep,12 2020 )
Bose Intros QC Earbuds with Advanced ANC (Sep,12 2020 )
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 - Official Unboxing (Sep,10 2020 )
Dune Official Trailer (Sep,10 2020 )
Xbox Series S announced, priced at $299 (Sep,08 2020 )
Android 11 Released (Sep,08 2020 )
i'm thinking of ending things - Official Trailer (Sep,07 2020 )
Novak Djokovic Defaulted From US Open (Sep,06 2020 )
Acer Aspire 5 with AMD Ryzen 7 4700U unboxing and first impressions (Sep,06 2020 )
Honor MagicBook Pro unboxing and first impressions (Sep,06 2020 )
NVIDIA Marbles at Night tech demo (Sep,05 2020 )
Facebook Technologies Stops Sales of Oculus VR Headset in Germany (Sep,04 2020 )
NO TIME TO DIE Trailer (New 2020) James Bond, Daniel Craig (Sep,04 2020 )
The Witcher: Blood Origin May See Jason Momoa Joining the Cast (Sep,04 2020 )
MoveTime Family Watch MT43A (Sep,03 2020 )
NVIDIA RTX 3080 showcased being faster by 55-70% than the RTX (Sep,03 2020 )
Gmail for Android gets a handy shortcut to add email recipients (Sep,02 2020 )
GeForce RTX 30 series - Gaming Videos (Sep,02 2020 )
NVIDIA Announces GeForce Ampere RTX 3000 Series Graphics Cards (Sep,01 2020 )
>> News Archive <<