AMD Releases Radeon Software Adrenalin 20.3.1 Drivers - TechAmok
AMD Releases Radeon Software Adrenalin 20.3.1 Drivers - [briefly]
11:59 AM EDT - Mar,19 2020 - post a comment
AMD released the Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition drivers just in time for Asia and ANZ regions to begin "razing hell" with DOOM Eternal. Version 20.3.1
adds day-one optimization for DOOM Eternal, including an up to 5 percent performance improvement with "Ultra Nightmare" graphics settings. Optimization is also added for "Half Life: Alyx" and the Vulkan API mode of "Ghost Recon: Breakpoint." The drivers also add a few Vulkan extensions: VK_EXT_post_depth_coverage (only supported on RDNA or later graphics architectures); VK_KHR_shader_non_semantic_info, VK_EXT_texel_buffer_alignment, and VK_EXT_pipeline_creation_cache_control.
Added to Vulkan:
- DOOM Eternal
- Achieve up to 5% better performance playing Doom Eternal (Ultra Nightmare settings) at 1920x1080p on the Radeon RX 5700XT with Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.3.1, versus Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.2.2. RS-333
- Half-Life : Alyx
- Ghost Recon Breakpoint: Vulkan API
- VK_EXT_post_depth_coverage: This extension indicates support for shader modules that use the SPV_KHR_post_depth_coverage extension. Fragment shaders using the SPV extension can control whether the SampleMask built-in input variable reflects the coverage after the depth and stencil tests are applied. This extension is only supported on AMD RDNA hardware.
- VK_KHR_shader_non_semantic_info: This extension indicates support for shader modules that use the SPV_KHR_non_semantic_info extension. Shader modules using the SPV extension can include non-semantic instructions that can be safely removed from the module.
- VK_EXT_texel_buffer_alignment: This extension provides a mechanism to query alignment requirements for uniform and storage texel buffers that cannot be well communicated via minTexelBufferOffsetAlignment.
- VK_EXT_pipeline_creation_cache_control: This extension provides flags that can be used by an application to inquire about potential high cost that could be incurred during pipeline creation. The information can be obtained prior to carrying out the create operation, which would allow the application to adjust its behavior accordingly.
- Frame skipping or choppy audio may be experienced in videos captured using Radeon ReLive.
- Some games may experience stutter while using Instant Replay or third-party applications that stream or perform screen capture.
- Hotkeys may fail to apply to scenes in ReLive scene editor when the scene has a custom name.
- Webcam elements may fail to appear on screen when a custom location is set during ReLive recording.
- AMD A-Series/E-Series APU Processors will reflect older Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition Settings user interface.
- Zero RPM toggle may fail to reset or appear when disabling advanced fan tuning options in Performance Tuning.
- Radeon Software may automatically close when a live stream is started or stopped.
- Desktop cursor may intermittently remain visible after toggling Radeon Software's overlay in some games.
- Red Dead Redemption 2 may experience a blank screen when launched using the Vulkan API.
- Radeon Software may experience an application crash, or a system TDR may occur, when VRAM reaches 8GB or more with HBCC enabled on Radeon RX Vega series graphics products.
- DOOM may experience an intermittent system hang or application crash during gameplay.
- Space Engineers may experience an application or hang during gameplay when Grass Density is turned on.
- A system hang or black screen may occur when exiting SteamVR with multi display system configurations.
- Monster Hunter World : Iceborne may have lower than expected performance in some areas of the game on Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products.
- Video playback may exhibit corruption on Interlaced content in Movies and TV on Ryzen 3000 with Radeon Graphics Processors.
- PassMark may experience an application hang on some Ryzen with Radeon Graphics Processors.
- On Radeon RX Vega and older discrete GPUs and on APUs, enabling integer display scaling could result in a reduction of frame rate.
- Integer display scaling may not show up as available in Radeon Software on some GCN-based GPUs.
- Enhanced Sync may cause a black screen to occur when enabled on some games and system configurations. Any users who may be experiencing issues with Enhanced Sync enabled should disable it as a temporary workaround.
- Performance Metrics Overlay and Radeon WattMan incorrectly report higher than expected idle clock speeds on Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products. Performance and power consumption are not impacted by this incorrect reporting.
- Radeon Software may open with an inconsistent window size or may not keep its previously set size when opened.
- Modifying the HDMI Scaling slider may cause FPS to become locked to 30.
- Some games may exhibit stutter intermittently during gameplay on Radeon RX 5000 series graphics products.
- Desktop or In-game corruption may occur intermittently when HDR is enabled.
- Radeon RX Vega series graphics products may experience a system crash or TDR when playing games with Instant Replay enabled. A workaround for users experiencing these issues is to disable Instant Replay.
- A system crash or hang may be experienced when using Edge browser to play Netflix content.
- Some users may still experience black screen or system hang issues during extended periods of gameplay. AMD will continue to monitor and investigate reports of these issues closely.
Short overview of recent news articles
What It's Like To Play Games On The Samsung Odyssey G9 Monitor (Jul,12 2020 )|
THE BOYS Season 2 Trailer 2 (2020) (Jul,12 2020 )
Devolverland Expo released for free on Steam (Jul,12 2020 )
Qualcomm Snapdragon 865+ is 10% Faster (Jul,10 2020 )
This Footage Of Apollo 16 Upscaled To 4K 60 FPS Is Like Being There (Jul,10 2020 )
Death To All Plays DEATH's "Overactive Imagination" (Jul,10 2020 )
NVIDIA Bundling Death Stranding With RTX Graphics Cards (Jul,09 2020 )
Apple is releasing the iOS 14, iPadOS 14, and tvOS 14 betas today (Jul,09 2020 )
NVIDIA GeForce 451.67 WHQL driver (Jul,09 2020 )
Xiaomi Mi Band 5 leak suggests you may be able to buy it next week (Jul,09 2020 )
Next Version of 5G Standard Finalized (Jul,09 2020 )
New Video Compression Standard Uses Half the Data (Jul,09 2020 )
Time To Cool Off with Mr Bean - Classic Mr Bean (Jul,09 2020 )
20 FUNNY FAILS IN SPORTS (Jul,07 2020 )
Microsoft releases urgent Windows update (Jul,07 2020 )
Google announces Gmail on iPadOS now supports Split View (Jul,06 2020 )
Atari VCS Console Finally Set To Release in Fall 2020 (Jul,06 2020 )
An American Pickle - Official Trailer (Jul,05 2020 )
Top 10 Most Disliked YouTube Videos 2016 - 2020 (Jul,05 2020 )
Osprey Carries Away Huge Fish as Myrtle Beach Tourists Watch On (Jul,05 2020 )
Hands-on with Windows 10 build 20161 (Jul,04 2020 )
When your brain forecasts your mood (Jun,30 2020 )
Why Russia Built a Floating Nuclear Power Plant (Jun,30 2020 )
Samsung 980 PRO Clears Korean Regulators, Comes in Three Sizes (Jun,30 2020 )
Qualcomm Refreshes Smartwatch Chips (Jun,30 2020 )
AMD Adrenalin 20.5.1 Beta driver (Jun,28 2020 )
Twitch has Banned Dr. Disrespect (Jun,27 2020 )
Twitch Streamer Alinity Banned After Nip Slip - uncensored video (Jun,27 2020 )
Microsoft Moves to Permanently Close Physical Shops (Jun,27 2020 )
Apple Responds to Your Comments! (Jun,26 2020 )
iOS 14 Will Allow Quick Biometric Login for Web Sites (Jun,26 2020 )
Microsoft Reveals List of Games Optimized For Xbox Series X (Jun,26 2020 )
Cyberpunk 2077 gameplay trailer released (Jun,25 2020 )
NVIDIA GeForce Game Ready 451.48 WHQL Drivers (Jun,24 2020 )
Kill Bill Fire Rope Dart Choreography (Jun,23 2020 )
How Strong is Chemical Metal? Hydraulic Press Test! (Jun,23 2020 )
Betting Online - Do It Right if You Want to Get More (Jun,23 2020 )
iOS 14 Promotes Widgets to Home Screen (Jun,22 2020 )
Painting a Lada with some home-brewed Vantablack paint (Jun,21 2020 )
How to end a fight in 2 seconds (Jun,20 2020 )
Microsoft is pushing out its new Edge browser to Windows 7 and 8.1 (Jun,20 2020 )
Microsoft fixes print spooler issue for the Windows 10 May 2020 (Jun,19 2020 )
Microsoft Extends its ATP Defender Protection to UEFI BIOS (Jun,19 2020 )
Robot Spy Pig Meets Komodo Dragons - It Doesn't End Well! (Jun,18 2020 )
Samsung Galaxy A71 5G Coming to All Major US Carriers (Jun,18 2020 )
Qualcomm Brings 5G and Higher Performance to Snapdragon 6 Series (Jun,18 2020 )
Twitter Starts Rolling out Audio Tweets (Jun,18 2020 )
2020 - Official Movie Trailer (Jun,17 2020 )
Netflix's The Witcher season 2 will not feature multiple timelines (Jun,17 2020 )
Intel Ice Lake CPUs Have a System Crashing Bug (Jun,15 2020 )
>> News Archive <<