AMD Releases Radeon Software Adrenalin 19.9.1 Drivers - TechAmok
AMD Releases Radeon Software Adrenalin 19.9.1 Drivers - [briefly]
06:38 PM EDT - Sep,04 2019 - post a comment
AMD today posted the latest version of Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition drivers. Version 19.9.1 beta
comes with day-one optimization for "Gears 5," with up to 5 percent performance improvement in the DirectX 12 mode. It also expands the Vulkan API feature-set with four new extensions, "VK_AMD_device_coherent_memory," "VK_EXT_calibrated_timestamps," "VK_EXT_line_rasterization," and "VK_EXT_shader_demote_to_helper_invocation." Lastly, the drivers address a bug that causes GIGABYTE RGB Fusion 2.0 software to hang the system on graphics cards based on RX 5700-series GPUs.
The change-log follows.
Added Vulkan Support
- Gears 5: Up to 8% performance improvement in Gears of War 5 running DirectX 12 on Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition version 19.9.1 vs. 19.8.2
- VK_AMD_device_coherent_memory: This extension adds device coherent and device uncached memory types. Device coherent and uncached memory are expected to have lower performance for general access than non-device coherent memory but can be useful in certain scenarios particularly so for debugging.
- VK_EXT_calibrated_timestamps: This extension provides an interface to query calibrated timestamps obtained quasi simultaneously from two time domains such as host and device time domains.
- VK_EXT_line_rasterization: This extension adds some line rasterization features that are commonly used in CAD applications and that are supported in other APIs like OpenGL. These features include Bresenham-style line rasterization, smooth rectangular lines (coverage to alpha) and stippled lines for all three line rasterization modes.
- VK_EXT_shader_demote_to_helper_invocation: This extension adds Vulkan support for the SPV_EXT_demote_to_helper_invocation SPIR-V extension. The SPIR-V extension provides a new instruction that allows shaders to "demote" a fragment shader invocation to behave like a helper invocation for its duration. The demoted invocation will have no further side effects and will not output to the framebuffer but remains active and can participate in computing derivatives and in subgroup operations. This is a better match for the "discard" instruction in HLSL.
- Launching RGB Fusion 2.0 may cause a system hang on Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products system configurations.
Sep,13 2019 Western Digital Unveils WD_BLACK Gaming Storage Lineup Sep,13 2019 How Close Are We to Immortality? Sep,13 2019 Leak of Microsoft Salaries Shows Fight for Higher Compensation Sep,13 2019 Sprint Matches Verizon's Free iPhone 11 Deal Sep,12 2019 RAMBO 5 LAST BLOOD Trailer #3 Sep,12 2019 Windows 10 KB4515384 is now causing audio issues Sep,12 2019 Google Chrome Now Supports "Send to Your Devices" Sep,12 2019 New iPhones Include Ultra-Wideband Chip for Directional AirDrop Sep,12 2019 Walmart, Verizon Offering Deals on iPhone 11 Series Sep,12 2019 Conarium is now available for free Sep,12 2019 Call of Duty: Modern Warfare - RTX ON - Gunfight 2v2 MP Gameplay Sep,11 2019 NetCAT Vulnerability Exploits DDIO on Intel Xeon Processors to Steal Sep,10 2019 iPhone 11 Pro: Three Cameras, Two Sizes Sep,10 2019 Apple iPhone 11 Sports Wide-Angle Camera Sep,10 2019 Apple Watch Series 5 Has Always-On Display Sep,10 2019 Apple's Game Subscription Service Will Cost $5/Month Sep,10 2019 SEE - Official Trailer Sep,10 2019 Valerie Plame Is Running For Congress Sep,10 2019 Baes and Bikinis - Resort 2020 Sep,10 2019 NVIDIA Releases GeForce 436.30 WHQL Drivers Sep,09 2019 Oxy-Acetylene Explosions at 330 000 fps Sep,09 2019 How to Solve a Rubik's Cube Sep,09 2019 Samsung to Sell New A-Series Phones Unlocked Sep,09 2019 GIGABYTE Unveils Aorus Liquid Cooler 240 Sep,09 2019 Kate Upton Has It Good