AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.9.2 - - TechAmok
AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.9.2 - - [briefly]
01:51 AM EDT - Sep,30 2020 - (2 comments)
Hot on the heels of NVIDIA's latest driver release comes AMD's Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.9.2
, an update for Radeon graphics hardware. Very much a 'nuts and bolts' revision to the driver stack, RSAE 20.9.2 prioritizes fixed issues and support for Vulkan over new consumer features, but also addresses the expected stability for this week's biggest videogame launch.
On October 2nd EA will release Star Wars: Squadrons, the latest title springing from Disney's gargantuan IP and first in a long while in the first-person spaceship combat genre. In common with all first-person titles, performance - that is to say smooth and high average framerates - will be critical to the experience of players, and AMD aim to meet their needs on PCs with AMD Radeon graphics hardware as soon as the load up the game for the first time.
AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.9.2 offers day-0 optimisations for Star Wars: Squadrons, hopefully resulting in excellent stability and frame rates. The revision continues AMD's run of solid day-0 driver updates, despite the challenging nature of software development in the current global climate.
The second highlighted aspect of this driver launch is support for new Vulkan API extensions VK_KHR_buffer_device_address, VK_EXT_robustness2 and VK_EXT_shader_image_atomic_int64. Although chiefly a developer feature, they will no-doubt be important to consumers for future games developed with Vulkan.
Finally, the new drivers incorporate 13 headline fixes to issues identified in the previous driver(s), as well as identifying a selection of problems next on the chopping block. In particular, the expected launch of World of Warcraft's Pre-Expansion Patch (9.0) in the coming weeks, with a concurrent increase to its active player counts, put a fix to corruption when using a DX12 render mode all the more time-sensitive.
- A black screen, system crash or TDR may occur while gaming when performing task switches, enabling performance metrics overlay, or having video content/web browsers open on secondary displays on Radeon RX 5000 series graphics products system configurations.
- Project CARS 3 may experience performance issues when the Radeon Software performance metrics overlay is enabled.
- Error 1603 may occur during Radeon Software installation on some AMD Ryzen 5 Mobile Processors with Radeon Graphics system configurations.
- Error 195 may occur during Radeon Software installation on some AMD Ryzen 3 Mobile Processors with Radeon Vega Graphics.
- On some displays, power cycling the display while Radeon FreeSync is enabled may cause the display to remain black until the system is rebooted or the display is hot plugged.
- Flickering may occur in Borderlands 3 in some locations when Radeon Boost is enabled.
- Decoding some HEVC content using AMF Decoder may result in corruption in the clips playback.
- Performance Tuning fan profiles may sometimes not be applied after loading a saved profile.
- Radeon Software may sometimes crash or automatically exit when performing a game scan in the Gaming tab.
- Random color corruption may intermittently occur on some surfaces while playing matchmaking in Counter-Strike: Global Offensive.
- Notifications may be missing icons or text when hotkeys are used to invoke some Radeon Software streaming and recording features.
- Brightness flickering may be experienced on some VP9 video content playback through applications or web browsers on Radeon RX 5000 series graphics product system configurations.
Short overview of recent news articles
AMD announces Radeon RX 6800XT & RX 6900XT (Oct,28 2020 )|
Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S unboxing (Oct,28 2020 )
PS5 unboxing (Oct,27 2020 )
Raikkonen Scares Giovinazzi On Nordschleife's Green Hell (Oct,27 2020 )
Russian blogger burns his Mercedes worth 13 million rubles (Oct,27 2020 )
OnePlus Bringing Affordable Nord Series to North America (Oct,27 2020 )
Murder hornets nest found and destroyed in US (Oct,25 2020 )
This 8K Monitor Costs HOW MUCH?! (Oct,25 2020 )
Windows 10 version 20H2 is here - here's what you need to know (Oct,25 2020 )
Broken Squirrel :-D (Oct,24 2020 )
iPhone 12 Pro vs iPhone 12 vs iPhone 11 Pro Camera Test Comparison (Oct,23 2020 )
Apple Updates iPhone 12 Pricing (Oct,23 2020 )
Layers of Fear 2 is Free on Epic Games Store (Oct,23 2020 )
Replacing the T2's MacEFI (Oct,21 2020 )
Cyberpunk 2077 - What You're Looking For (Oct,21 2020 )
AMD Releases Radeon Software Adrenalin 20.10.1 Drivers (Oct,20 2020 )
AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Benchmarked (Oct,19 2020 )
Supercomputer simulates how coronavirus droplets spread (Oct,18 2020 )
BENEDICTION - Iterations (OFFICIAL MUSIC VIDEO) (Oct,18 2020 )
Apple Updates iPhone 12 Pricing (Oct,18 2020 )
ICE-T Interview - Streaming Games (Oct,18 2020 )
The First Look at Boom's Supersonic Plane (Oct,16 2020 )
AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16-core "Zen 3" Processor Overclocked to 6 GHz (Oct,16 2020 )
Apple Intros Four 5G iPhones (Oct,13 2020 )
Apple Event - October 13 (Oct,13 2020 )
Google Pixel 5 unboxing and first impressions (Oct,13 2020 )
Skydivers Got Stuck Under Plane...Lucky To Cut Free (Oct,10 2020 )
Here's Why Your Phone Battery Sucks (Oct,10 2020 )
Build The Most Beautiful Underground House Villa by Ancient Skills (Oct,10 2020 )
What If You Detonated 1,000,000 Tsar Bombas in the Challenger Deep? (Oct,10 2020 )
The YouTube Magician That Vanished (Oct,10 2020 )
MANK - Official Teaser (Oct,10 2020 )
The Commercial that Killed a Fast Food Chain (Oct,10 2020 )
Windows 10 to support hardware-accelerated AV1 playback (Oct,10 2020 )
Google Assistant Gains Customizable Actions Within Third-Party Apps (Oct,09 2020 )
NVIDIA Could Launch GeForce RTX 3080 / 3070 in December (Oct,09 2020 )
NVIDIA Releases GeForce 456.71 Game Ready Drivers (Oct,07 2020 )
PS5 hardware teardown video (Oct,07 2020 )
Monster Hunter - movie teaser trailer (Oct,06 2020 )
Robot Spy Hummingbird Films HALF A BILLION MONARCH BUTTERFLIES! (Oct,05 2020 )
Free Guy - movie trailer (Oct,05 2020 )
The 100 Meter Swim In 1932 Vs. 2016 (Oct,05 2020 )
New York Launches COVID-19 Exposure Notifications (Oct,05 2020 )
Cyberpunk 2077- No Limits - commercial (Oct,04 2020 )
AMD processors achieve 25% market share (Oct,03 2020 )
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Launch Postponed to October 29th (Oct,02 2020 )
Microsoft Accelerates x64 Application Support for Windows 10 on Arm (Oct,01 2020 )
Google Details 5G Pixels (Oct,01 2020 )
Cyberpunk 2077 'Seize the Day' commercial (Oct,01 2020 )
AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.9.2 - (Sep,30 2020 )
>> News Archive <<