Synology Releases Active Backup for Office 365 and Business - TechAmok
Synology Releases Active Backup for Office 365 and Business - [briefly]
04:15 PM EDT - Jun,14 2018 - post a comment
Synology today released two major backup applications in Active Backup suite of packages, the official version of Active Backup for Office 365 that supports SaaS cloud backup, and the beta version of Active Backup for Business that provides data availability for workloads in physical and virtual environments.
ctive Backup for Office 365 employs single instancing technology to not only help businesses with the management and availability of Office 365 data, but also significantly lower the space occupied by backups. The content search function is particularly geared toward combing through content in mail and attachments, enabling users to find the mail in need of recovery in the shortest time.
Key features of Active Backup for Office 365 include:
In contrast, Active Backup for Business integrates multiple technologies adopted by DiskStation Manager (DSM). For Btrf file system, Synology has developed the Global Deduplication function to greatly reduce the required storage for backup. The integration
- Support multiple Office 365 endpoints: Office 365, Office 365 Germany, Office 365 operated by 21Vianet.
- Centralized and comprehensive protection: Back up OneDrive for Business, mail, contacts, and calendar data to a Synology NAS and manage the copies efficiently from a single interface.
- Granular restoration, search, and export from the self-service recovery portal:
- Efficiently filter by keyword with the new content search feature. From there, users can find the right email and restore or download a single file, mail, mail attachment, contact, or calendar event from the self-service recovery portal.
- Backup and storage efficiency: Single instancing ensures efficiency by transferring and storing files with unique content only. Block-level deduplication helps businesses keep the most data using the least storage space by only saving a file's blocks that are changed compared to its previous version.
with Virtual Machine Manager allows NAS backups of physical servers or virtual
machines to directly run on DSM, maximizing the availability of data and
Key features of Active Backup for Business include:
- PC and server protection: With the Active Backup agent utility, users can perform image-based backups to protect their Windows PC or Windows server workloads. Depends on the scenario, users could choose to restore a single file from the recovery portal, bare-metal restore the whole system, or directly run a backup image on Virtual Machine Manager to retrieve the application data and provide application availability.
- Virtual machine protection: Users can protect their virtual machine workloads without an agent just with VMware vSphere info. It supports multiple restoration methods, ranging from individual file restore, instant VM restore to NFS, full VM restore and running on Synology VMM.
- Faster Backup: Changed Block Tracking (CBT) technology performs incremental backups instead of a full backup every time.
- Storage efficiency: Built-in global deduplication greatly reduces storage consumption
- Better restore reliability: Verify backups on Synology VMM to maximize backup reliability and minimize the burden in production environments.
- Run on VMM: The unique feature, integration with Synology VMM, allows users to create the same IT environment as the product site, serving as a temporary Disaster Recovery solution, export/import objects and an upgrade testing environment.
Each Synology NAS that supports Active Backup for Office 365 comes with 10 free licenses. For more information on the Active Backup for Office 365 license, please visit: https://www.synology.com/en-global/products/Active_Backup_for_Office_365_License
- Active Backup for Office 365
No license will be required during the beta period and software will have all functionality available. Backing up computers, servers, and virtual machines will require purchasing a separate license per host after the conclusion of the beta testing period.
- Active Backup for Business
Add your comment (free registrationrequired)
Sep,18 2018 How To Make a Bulletproof iPhone Case Sep,18 2018 Apple Turns the Page On iBooks, Now Apple Books In iTunes App Store Sep,18 2018 Congress Wants to Drop the Hammer on ZTE Should It Mess Up Sep,17 2018 CAPTAIN MARVEL - Teaser Trailer (2019) Sep,17 2018 Crash your iPhone with just a few lines of CSS Sep,17 2018 Google Adds a Dash of AI to Its Sound Search Song Seeker Sep,17 2018 RTX 2080 TI vs GTX 1080 TI Benchmark Sep,15 2018 NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080Ti & RTX 2080 Benchmarks Sep,14 2018 Everything You Need to Know about the iPhone XS in 1 Minute Sep,14 2018 10 Things You Might Not have Noticed in Fortnite Sep,13 2018 Apple's new iPhones are priced absurdly high in Europe Sep,13 2018 Spotify Boosts Device Download Limit to 10,000 Songs Sep,13 2018 Apple All But Scraps Its AirPower Wireless Charging Pad Sep,13 2018 HP Introduces Metal Jet 3D Printers Sep,13 2018 AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.9.1 Drivers Sep,12 2018 Olivia Culpo for Modeliste Magazine Sep,12 2018 Google Upgrades Its USB Dongle and Raises the Price Sep,12 2018 iPhone Xs and Xs Max Update Key Specs of Apple's Flagship