TechAmok Forum Index TechAmok
Independent Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 750GB SATA Hard Drive

View previous topic :: View next topic  
topicmaker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 3:27 am    Post subject: Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 750GB SATA Hard Drive Reply with quote

Bigbruin.com reviewed the Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 750GB SATA Hard Drive which combines all of the
latest drive technologies into one impressive package. Seagate really does have the Steve Austin
of hard drives on their hands with the Barracuda 7200.10, as it really is better, stronger, faster
. Better in terms of the lo...read more
miglaugh

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn!

I'm impressed. 65MB/s avg read speed is damn nice. After all the raptor can only muster an avg read speed of maybe 5-10 more than that at most. Imagine a 750GB 10K drive? Razz

The $500 is a little harsh, but it's not like the price won't go down. This is after all brand spanking new technology. Just the idea of having two of these in a raid 0 makes me feel all funny inside, and then shreek in terror at the thought of 1.5TB of data going down the tubes if the drives fart.

It almost sounds like you'd pretty much have to run a mirror raid to be safe, unless you want to have over 100 DVDs worth of backup media, or your own SDLT setup. Laughing

At least they back it up with that insane 5 year warrantee. But why they keep the MTBF a secret is beyond me. That is unless it's 600,000 or less.

If WD gets on the ball and makes a drive in their RE2 line with this kind of capacity and speed, its all mine. DVD storage server time baby!! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TechAmok Forum Index -> Comments All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: