Joined: 28 Feb 2006
|Posted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:49 am Post subject: READ FIRST!!! * Marketplace Rules & Guidelines ...
|Please prefix the title of your thread with the following tags:
FS - For Sale
FT - For Trade
WTB - Want to Buy
Price Check - Price Check
* * Rules * *
Below are the rules for this forum. Please follow them, as they will be enforced strictly. Any posts seen to be unfit will be edited or deleted, and any infractions given as needed.
1) No sale lowballing. If you think someones price is too high or you want to make a lower offer, PM or e-mail them. There is nothing worse than if you are trying to sell something and someone says that price is too high. That scares off other prospective buyers.
2) Update your thread when your item(s) gets sold or are no longer available for sale. Report the thread or contact an admin if you want the thread closed.
3) You MUST post a price in for ALL FS (For Sale) deals.
4) You cannot sell something you do not have in your immediate possession. If you are selling something over $100, you must provide pictures of it to show the condition and demonstrate it is in your possession (ie: picture of laptop with your TechAmok username also in the picture or a picture)
5) Only post tangible items! (No CD keys, Coupons, game accounts etc.) If software is part of the sale, the original media MUST be included if such media exists. Otherwise, a valid key MUST be included. This applies to all software pre-loaded into a device or just included in the BST.
6) No sale or trade of Not For Resale equipment or software. Also, any software, computers, or media originally purchased through an academic or employee purchase program cannot be sold here unless the EULA specifically grants the end user the right to resell the product. For instance, most APP/EPP copies of Windows Vista cannot be legally resold. Windows Vista Upgrades that were sold with laptops cannot be sold as standalone softwares, and must be included only in a sale with the original PC that was purchased with the upgrade.
7) Be courteous and professional when buying or selling, and please use commonsense.
8) List the payment methods accepted (IE. Paypal CC or non-CC, Money order, Check, COD)
19) Anything listed as OEM must have everything provided with equipment when first purchased.
10) Do not just post external links to eBay or another forum. Add all relevant information to your thread and you can link to eBay as long as previous rules are met.
11) You cannot include such things as +3% to cover Paypal fees. It is against the Paypal Terms and Conditions.
12) If you have sold items on eBay/Heat, post a link to your screen-name so users can verify your previous history of selling/trading/buying. If you have sold items previously on TechAmok, you may also post user names of those may act as references. If you claim to have eBay feedback, you MUST post a link to the feedback. Saying to PM for a user name is NOT acceptable.
13) You cannot ask for donations (and/or other freebies. Rep included).
14) Absolutely no jokes in the B/S/T forum. Transactions are serious and people will get irritated by jokes involving monetary loss.
15) We no longer allow buying/selling of Intel Engineering Sample (ES) chips on these boards, as it is against their terms and conditions. Please see this link for additional information.
16) TechAmok Staff and Moderators reserve the right to block any sellers who repeatedly fail to follow these rules. We have a zero-tolerance policy against sellers who market stolen or pirated goods, and those selling said goods may find themselves blocked upon their first offense. If it isn't legal, don't post it for sale...and please ask a moderator beforehand if you have any questions about your item or the legality of selling it.
17) If your post does not conform to these rules, TechAmok staff and moderators reserve the rights to delete any of your listings without notice.
18) Please wait a reasonable amount of time before bumping posts, at least 24 hours.
TechAmok.com is not responsible for any transactions: this is not eBay. All sales and transactions are done at buyers and sellers discretion and all risks are assumed by those parties only. Admins cannot help to resolve B/S/T disputes.