TechAmok Forum Index TechAmok
Independent Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HIS Overclocked Radeon X1600 Pro Turbo

View previous topic :: View next topic  
topicmaker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:23 pm    Post subject: HIS Overclocked Radeon X1600 Pro Turbo Reply with quote

> Hardware Secrets has posted a review on the HIS Overclocked Radeon X1600 Pro Turbo. Radeon X1600
Pro runs originally at 500 MHz accessing its video memory at 780 MHz. This 'Turbo' model from HIS
runs at 587 MHz with its memory being accessed at 1.38 GHz. Factory-overclocked Radeon X1600 Pro
from HIS runs at the very s...read more
miglaugh

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it's how the industry works and it's how "the game" must be played, but I hate how they keep releasing these "mainstream" and "value" cards based on dumbed down versions of the enthusiast parts. Seems like they are a complete waste of money and even if you get the newer technology in them you can't use it because the card is just too slow anyways.

Why can't they just only release enthusiast parts? and then when the next one comes out, the previous one becomes the "value" or "mainstream" or whatever? That way the current level of technology you get in the card you buy can atleast be used to the fullest.

For example, instead of all the 6200, 6600, 6800, 7300, 7600, blah blah GT GS crap, why couldn't they have just gone with 6800 GTX, 7800 GTX, 7900 GTX, etc. They cause so much confusion it's no wonder sales are down. People are getting pissed and just saying "F this" and buying consoles.

maybe it's really simple... they produce a bunch of chips, some good, some bad... the good ones go in high end cards, and instead of not selling and therefore losing money on the bad ones, they just put them in low end cards with the bad parts disabled.

Either way it sucks and scares people away from the market.

Edit: I only used nvidia example because it's the first thing that came to my mind. the exact same thing could be said about ati's x300 x600 x800 x1300 x1600 x1800 x1900 pro xt xtx blah blah. Probably would've made more sense to use the ATI example since this news bit is about an ATI card, but I'm tired so screw it.
thiagodm
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You said it all Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TechAmok Forum Index -> Comments All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: