TechAmok Forum Index TechAmok
Independent Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Samsung confirms delays for BD-P1000 Blu-ray player

View previous topic :: View next topic  
topicmaker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 1:12 pm    Post subject: Samsung confirms delays for BD-P1000 Blu-ray player Reply with quote

The launch of Samsung's BD-P1000 Blu-ray player has been pushed back from May 23 to June 25. The
BD-P1000 is expected to be the only Blu-ray player available until July, by which time Pioneer and
Sony players should also begin shipping. To justify the delay, Samsung says it needs some extra time
to test compatibility with n...read more
miglaugh

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I agree.

I don't see the need. Hopefully internet speeds will keep going up to the point where we can dl movies (1080p) in a reasonable amount of time. I'd rather have a server in my house with direct access to my movies than a rack full of discs anyway. Now if they'd only give the online non-rental movies a lower pricepoint. No way I'd pay $20 for any movie, disc or not, period.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think DVD is enough..... at least for some years to come Wink Besides I still have an old CRT TV.

Lately I've been fantasizing about a larger TV in my living room. However, I'm learning that there is still relatively not a whole lot of HD content. I also found out that it would be expensive to upgrade my SAT receiver.

I'm starting to think it's too early, based upon my own criteria.

My criteria are:
1) I don't want to buy another set for 7-10 years.
2) I don't want to spend over $3,000
3) I want to be as future proof as possible (and I think that 1080p is a future-proof requirement).
4) I refuse to buy something that might require expensive repairs in a few years due to normal wear and tear. I don't think anyone knows for sure what the future holds for some of these technologies reliability-wise.
5) I refuse to buy something that offers less viewability options for my TV room than my regular CRT TV does. My TV room requires some 45 degree viewing angles, and there's no getting around it.
6) I'd like to see the various interconnect technologies become more standardized so that I can be confident that my home system will be end-to-end compatible.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TechAmok Forum Index -> Comments All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: