TechAmok Forum Index TechAmok
Independent Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NEC MultiSync 70GX2 17inch LCD

View previous topic :: View next topic  
topicmaker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 4:41 pm    Post subject: NEC MultiSync 70GX2 17inch LCD Reply with quote

XtremeComputing has posted a review on the NEC MultiSync 70GX2 17inch LCD monitor. With a 4ms typc
response time and 700-1 cd rating this monitor should satisfy most gamers needs. Here's a taster:
Now there is the current debate that response time doesn't mean a thing in the long run as its
hardly noticeable, but those of...read more
miglaugh

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why isn't one of the cons that it's only 17in.? I didn't even think they made new 17in. displays anymore. I guess that means the low res is acceptable at least; on a 19 incher or higher the pixels would look like legos, haha. Also the native res being so low is good for games in that you don't need a super high performance machine, but then for office tasks and browsing you wouldn't have enough real estate. I guess that just brings us to the point that LCDs just plain aren't well rounded enough to handle everything. My next monitor is still going to be a CRT, and probably a 22 incher. That way I have the screen size I want, the res flexibility, the response times under control, and all the other features. Weight and size I couldn't care less about, I have a 3ft deep desk and it's sturdy as hell. No worries.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

miglaugh wrote:
Why isn't one of the cons that it's only 17in.? I didn't even think they made new 17in. displays anymore. I guess that means the low res is acceptable at least; on a 19 incher or higher the pixels would look like legos, haha.

100% agree. That's why I'm using a 6 year old 19" CRT TARGA monitor at 1024 x 768 Smile It will be pretty difficult to find new monitor...
miglaugh

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 19in. "dell" trinitron is dying so I've been wondering about a new display lately. I figure I'll end up getting something like the viewsonic p225f.

I don't know a good place to buy monitors online, but compared to froogle's price list for this monitor this site's price is about the middle (new, not refurb).

http://www.monitorwarehouse.com/viewsonic_p225f_5_22in_379_prd1.htm

With a max res of 2048 x 1536 and supposedly flicker free, that sounds like the monitor to get. Three year warrantee should provide enough protection against a lemon. Hopefully like this one it'd last over 7 years. By then LCDs will be sure to have worked all the kinks out and settled on which technology is best and whatnot.

I wonder what the best CRT that money can buy is right now... I doubt it's that expensive compared to the top of the line LCDs.
DavidFarmer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few of the people are increased for society. Commune of the advanced writers.com is ensured for each other. The product is fitness-oriented for the individuals. Skills are invited to the elements. The frugal movement is done for all shows up items for humans.
jamessw

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to discuss it with you now. Or you can find me https://www.rushessay.com/coursework.php here if you need me. I have some questions for you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TechAmok Forum Index -> Comments All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: