AMD today released version 18.8.1 beta
of its Radeon Software Adrenalin drivers that keep your graphics card's performance equal to that of a well/oiled machine (figuratively, of course). The new software version brings driver-level support and improvements for the upcoming (and highly awaited) Monster Hunter: World. for that game, this driver release promises up to 5% and 6% increased performance on AMD's RX Vega graphics card and RX 580, respectively, compared to AMD's 18.6.1 driver release at 1080p. This driver also adds support for World of Warcraft : Battle for Azeroth, We Happy Few, and Madden NFL 19. Another interesting additions are the extended functions for the Vulkan API, supporting more commands than previous driver versions.
- Fortnite may experience an application crash on game launch in Windows 7.
- Some games may experience a game crash or hang on multi GPU system configurations when changing or applying resolutions.
- Graphics and memory clock speeds may remain elevated or locked while gaming if video content is also playing on the system.
- Civilization VI may experience a game crash using DirectX 12 API on game or map launch.
- Samsung HMD Odyssey may experience intermittent black screens or flashing on Radeon RX Vega series graphics products.